Surrey Youth League Corona virus Announcement
Following an announcement from the Football Association the executive committee of the Surrey Youth League have taken the difficult decision to postpone all league games and league events cup finals etc. until after the Easter School Holidays at the earliest.
Sheen Lions Training
Sheen Lions training sessions are also suspended for the time being. A further announcement will be made when we decide that it will be safe to resume.
14th April 2020 Update
The National FA have called a halt to the 2019/2020 season. It is effectively over. We appreciate the massive disappointment this will cause our players and indeed 13,000 plus players in the league. Whilst that can never be underestimated these are unprecedented times and call for unprecedented measures.
While you are waiting try to stay fit, healthy and safe. Our coaches are generating lots of videos to help you. http://sheenlions.com/sheen-lions-coaches-on-instagram/
15th May 2020 Update
The FA has today issued guidance to all grassroots football and informal football activity outside the professional game. Consistent with Government advice, published on Wednesday 13 May, the following outdoor football activity is currently permitted:
- playing football individually e.g. practice of individual skills or fitness activities;
- playing football with your family or other people living in your household;
- an individual can play football with one other person who is not from their household.
- coaching an adult player one to one.
If an individual is symptomatic, living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection or if you are classified as extremely vulnerable on health grounds, the guidance is that you should remain at home.
The following football activity is not permitted at this time, consistent with Government guidelines:
- coaching a child (U18) from a different household one to one. In order to comply with The FA’s safeguarding policy, a child must have a parent/carer with them, which doesn’t comply with Government social distancing requirements;
- two or more people from one household playing with one person or more from outside their household.
Current Sheen Lions Activity
Please see later Posts.