The Surrey Youth League have announced that for the 2011/12 season their U11 age group will play a 9 v 9 format. This age group will continue as 9 v 9 in 2012/13 and move to 11 a side at U13 as the league transition to 9 v 9 for the U11 and U12s.
The FA have published recommendations for 9 v 9 and SYL are still finalising the rules to be adopted. As an indicator only these may be the rules:
- A Junior size pitch of 80m x 50m
- 16’x7′ goals
- A maximum squad of 18
- A match squad of 14 with roll on roll off substitutions allowed
- A maximum playing time of 30 minutes each way
- Size 4 ball
- Fully qualified and registered referees, (not Mini Soccer only).
- Each club to provide one assistant referee.
- The offside rule will apply