If any Sheen Lions Members wish to attend the course below the Club will refund their course fee on successful completion.
Junior Football Leaders Course (12 – 16 year olds) Wednesday 1st June 2016 Cost £25.00
All, please see a fantastic course opportunity for 12 – 16 year olds. The Junior Leaders Course is an ideal precursor to the FA Level 1 Course and also the refereeing pathway. It’s at a reduced cost of £25 and a must for any young person wishing to add experience in the world of football to their C.V.
Metropolitan Police Sports Club, Imber Court, Ember Lane, East Molesey, Surrey KT8 0BT 9.30 – 3.30pm
To book go to please go to: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YPGF6P7
Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail asap. Please make sure the club secretary is aware that you have booked.
Payment of £25 must be made by BACS Transfer to the Surrey Youth League. Please enter BACS Payment Reference (BACS payment to Sort Code 20- 35-35 Account Number 33974340) Please show JL0106 and a Surname i.e. JL0106SMITH as a reference. Payment must be made at the time of booking or the application will be disregarded.
THESE COURSES WILL BOOK UP VERY FAST, PLEASE BOOK AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT. Any questions contact Frank.firstname.lastname@example.org
Introduction to the Course
– Course content
– How to get involved in Football
– Getting involved & helping those involved to ‘get better’
Assisting Football Activity Sessions
– Creating a Safe Learning environment
– Organising games
– Introduction to the basics of Fundamentals
An introduction to Refereeing
– Preparing to referee
– Whistle techniques & and introduction to Ball In, Ball Out
– Safety of the Players and Re-starts to the Game
Helping with a Team
– Preparing for the game
– Warm-up prior to the game
– Organising and Managing players expectations
Different Football Events
– An introduction to three different formats of competition
– Using these in a practical setting
Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning (however inability to participate will not prevent successful completion of the award).