15th May 2020 Update From FA
The FA has today issued guidance to all grassroots football and informal football activity outside the professional game. Consistent with Government advice, published on Wednesday 13 May, the following outdoor football activity is currently permitted:
- playing football individually e.g. practice of individual skills or fitness activities;
- playing football with your family or other people living in your household;
- an individual can play football with one other person who is not from their household.
- coaching an adult player one to one.
If an individual is symptomatic, living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection or if you are classified as extremely vulnerable on health grounds, the guidance is that you should remain at home.
The following football activity is not permitted at this time, consistent with Government guidelines:
- coaching a child (U18) from a different household one to one. In order to comply with The FA’s safeguarding policy, a child must have a parent/carer with them, which doesn’t comply with Government social distancing requirements;
- two or more people from one household playing with one person or more from outside their household.
Current Sheen Lions Position
As things currently stand no Sheen Lions Club activity can resume. There will be further relaxation of the rules at some point and eventually we will get there.
We expect to start preparation for next season in early June as we usually do. This is a considerable amount of work and we need to be ready when we are allowed to continue. Please expect to hear from us then.
While you are waiting try to stay fit, healthy and safe. Our coaches are generating lots of videos to help you. http://sheenlions.com/sheen-lions-coaches-on-instagram/