This how your photo should look on the FA player registration system, at the current time you should email your photo in and the club will set it up.
Follow ALL these instructions:
- Do not use an old photo
- Do not take a picture of a picture
- face the camera
- shoulders face the camera
- all of face in shot
- The face must be clear
- Only person in shot
- The league and the fa do not insist in a plain background but Sheen Lions do, find a plain wall or a door.
- Leave plenty of space around the face including the top of the head.
- Your chid is probably shorter than you, put the camera down to the level of their head, do not take the phot looking down at them.
- Stand back a bit, the wide angle lenses in most phones are not flattering when you put them too close.
Passport Standard But Not Quite
The government guidance for passport photos is here https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports
You will notice that these digital photos are zoomed out quite a lot more than the professional photos that you may have had taken in the past. If you try to use one of these professional you will have difficulty. You need a square format for the FA site and this is also needed for the League Registration software. A traditional professional passport photo does not crop into a square format.
The picture I used for the example above is below. Your photo needs to be able to be cropped into this square format with plenty of room around the head.